Geoffrey believes strongly in the value to clients of the audit function and is strongly committed, both personally and with his audit team, to provide value to clients by way of extensive feedback and advice in respect of key systems and their controls so as to strengthen the business of the client company.
Geoff has had over 30 years' experience as a chartered accountant, both in audit and in business services. He studied and worked in the UK for a number of years where he gained invaluable audit and commercial experience.
He is on the National Audit committee which oversees quality control and best practice implementation across the network group of Hall Chadwick. He oversees all audit training and development of good audit practice within the Brisbane office with an emphasis on meeting client deadlines, value adding through excellence in reporting to clients and ensuring that all audit personnel fully understand the business of the client.
Industry and Service Specialisations
- Audit of listed & unlisted public companies including six monthly reviews
- Expert system & internal control reviews & reports which will give you great comfort in exercising your duties as a director in these times of corporate fraud & corporate litigation
- Aged Care & Retirement Villages – Geoff & his audit division conduct extensive work in this area including audits under the Retirement Villages Act (1999), general aged care & the audit of Annual Prudential Compliance Statements under the Aged Care Act 1997 & the User Rights Principles (1997)
- Financial Service Licenses – This is a specialist audit area legislated by ASIC
- Construction & Engineering including building & mining & gas infrastructure
- Managed Investment Funds
- Not for profit organisations including public companies limited by guarantee & companies incorporated in QLD
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds – This is a specialist unit within the audit division with the emphasis on increasing the quality of audit accounting & administration through extensive feedback to accountants & trustees
- Associate of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Company Auditor
- Bachelor of Economics
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Australia