Williams Hall Chadwick has developed its international tax and structuring services through assisting clients directly and in collaboration with our ShineWing partners in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and China, as well as associated firms in New Zealand, USA and Papua New Guinea.
Williams Hall Chadwick has developed the following capabilities:
- Knowledge of international tax regulations in countries throughout Asia such as Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong & Thailand
- Links to accounting firms in countries throughout Asia though our ShineWing association as well as AGN international, which has accounting firms in most countries throughout the world
- We have assisted many clients assessing individual and corporate tax residency issues
- Specialised knowledge of transfer pricing regulations
- Detailed knowledge of thin capitalisation rules
- Detailed knowledge of other applicable Australian tax laws in relation to international transactions
- Assisting clients with ATO reviews on residency and other international tax matters
- Providing advice regarding international dealings and Austrac regulations
- Assisting clients with offshore structuring advice to ensure compliance with both Australian and international business regulations
- Working with our international partners in advising on structuring and business matters in other countries
- We have assisted clients to develop business plans and strategies to assist with offshore expansion
- We have assisted clients in the manufacturing industry to establish facilities in other countries such as Indonesia, China and Thailand
- We have assisted clients to set up offshore offices in Hong Kong & Singapore
Japanese Business Services
WHC has developed a unique offering of Japanese business services, due to our knowledge of Japanese issues accrued over many years dealing with clients from Japan and our employment of Japanese staff.
- We assist Japanese business with establishment of ongoing compliance in Australia
- We can assist Australian companies looking to export and/or establish a branch office in Japan
- We advise clients on tax issues relating to repatriation of Australian profits
- We have assisted clients in relation to capital gains tax issues on property investments in Japan with the assistance of our accounting contacts in Japan
Our strengths here are:
- Knowledge of Japanese tax issues;
- Extensive knowledge of the Australia-Japan double tax agreement;
- Key contacts in Australian government agencies in Japan such as Austrade and the Queensland Trade office;
- Premium membership of the Queensland Japan Chamber of Commerce & Industry;
- Key contacts in professional services firms in Japan;
- Japanese speaking staff.
- Assisting clients manage offshore intellectual property having access to patent and trademark attorneys
- Assisting clients manage corporate requirements in companies established in countries such as New Zealand, Thailand, Hong Kong, Vanuatu, the United States etc.
- Assisting clients make acquisitions from overseas companies
- Assisting clients negotiate exclusive agreements for the distribution of imported goods including assessment of markets and viability analysis
- Assisting clients who import goods with financing such as Debtor and trade finance